Friday, March 6, 2015

Everybody Every Body Fashion Show

As part of an annual tradition, ASUW, the associated student governing body of the University of Washington, hosted the Everybody Every Body Fashion Show. The goal of this is to promote acceptance in everyone's appearance and place less emphasis on physical looks and characteristics and more about the person inside. This is one of the biggest events on campus every year and I just had to go! Going also means bringing my camera. And this time it meant getting to use my new Canon 6D, which just came in!



What was really cool was that the background was made up of different covers from various fashion magazines. The pink and purple lights on these transformed the ballroom from ballroom to fashion scene. 


The show took place in a ballroom, which was transformed into a catwalk suited for supermodels. This is all part of the environment that they try to create and making everyone feel like supermodels. The show incorporates over 150 students, 15 clothing retailers and 2 fashion designers. The Everybody Every Body Fashion Show really puts all the elements of a real fashion show together and makes it available to all students.





One of the parts that I love is how they exhibit so many different styles of fashion that truly accentuate who each person is. 










During the show, there were breaks where other UW groups performed. A couple of them consisted of a hip-hop group and the a cappella group on campus.









The event consisted of groups of individuals that came out, so it wasn't just everyone at once on the catwalk. One of my favorite groups was the guys in the suits. 








I loved how unique everyone's fashion sense was and some of the outfits truly had some great flare and color pop!






While it was great to test my camera out, it was even more incredible seeing that everyone had such a wonderful time and how this was such a positive experience for everyone involved.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to keep up to date on my next blog, be sure to enter your email up above on the top right side bar to be notified whenever I post a new blog! Also, be sure to check out my Facebook page and Instagram profile to see all of the happenings with my photography. As always, if you like what you see, it is always helpful to me if you share my work and tell your friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment