Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Sunset Cliffs

For one of our last nights in San Diego, we headed over to Sunset Cliffs, a spot that I had read about and seemed like a wonderful spot to try and catch some photos. We arrived right during the golden hour, which gave the cliffs a beautiful orange glow. Driving along Sunset Cliffs Boulevard, we pulled the car over a little ways before the actual park to grab a different vantage point. I was able to carefully walk down the sandy, loose cliffs and grab a nice shooting spot. Climbing down loose cliffs is not so easy when you're carrying a camera, bag and tripod. Even right before sunset the cliffs looked awesome. I actually think that this was the best lighting we had while we were there.




Right before getting in the car to head further up along the shore, I turned around and was able to capture this. There were a few surfers out, but I didn't have a zoom lens with me so I was limited to capturing the beauty around them. There weren't many waves for them to catch anyways. I kind of wonder how they were able to get down to their surf spot because as far as I could see there weren't any stairs. 

Once in the parking lot at the actual Sunset Cliffs Park, I headed down an alternate route to the cliffs. The sun was just above the hills and gave off some great color. 


Even with the name Sunset Cliffs, there wasn't much of a sunset-- at least for the night that we were there. There was a low cloud bank that limited the light that we could see. I broke out my lens that I usually use for portraits and was able to capture my brother, Quinn, sitting on the cliffs. Although there wasn't a sunset, I loved the light it gave for some quick impromptu portraits. :) 



While I would have liked a more vibrant sunset, I still say it was a successful trek over to the cliffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment