Monday, July 28, 2014

Mr. & Mrs. Conor Gentes

This weekend I had the opportunity to attend my cousin's wedding and celebrate the marriage of Conor and Elle. It was a great to be able to have all the family together. It usually is quite the task to get 50 Browns together. 

The wedding took place right on Lake Washington during the evening and was an absolutely gorgeous location for the ceremony to take place. Luckily, we had a very warm and sunny day-- no rain to be found here! 



The ceremony took place in Elle's father's backyard with around 150 chairs set up on the lawn to accommodate all of the guests between the both of them. I knew that I was not going to be able to get a clean shot of the wedding party coming down the aisle based on where I was sitting and I didn't want to get in the wedding photographer's way, so I resorted to using my wide angle lens to try and get as much in frame without sticking out into the aisle. 




My plan was to switch to another lens once Elle and Conor were at the front, but per the wedding photographer's request, no cameras were permitted during the ceremony. As much as I would have loved to shoot some shots of the couple, anyone with a camera was going to be thrown into the lake. I would rather not risk that with my equipment... The ceremony was filled with humor and was overall beautiful and the setting was perfect. 

As they were setting up the tables for the dinner portion of the evening-- or as I like to call it, free food-- the guests were all asked to step off the lawn. I walked around and was able to grab some shots of the tables and setting once again. All of the name tags for which table you were assigned to were hung with clothespins on a string that was on a picture frame. I thought this was a creative idea that was a spin on your traditional place holder!




As the sun was setting right behind Mercer Island, the lights turned on overhead and just made the already beautiful location even better! Everything for the decor was done by Elle's family from the lights to the dance floor. The dance floor was built right on the water next to their dock. They even had the band set up on the dance floor for the festivities later. What a cool idea! 





Before the dancing, it was time for the speeches. I was going to head to the front to get a better picture of Conor and Elle, but it was right during the speeches. I got stuck up front in between a couple tables and right behind the videographer. But hey, I was OK with that because it meant a better location for shooting photos of the lovely newlyweds. :) 




Concluding with a night of dancing and sending the new couple off in a boat decorated in white Christmas lights, all in all, it was a night to remember. Congrats to Conor and Elle and a HUGE thank you to all who helped make it a wonderful night and put it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment